Packaging Technician/Brewery Operator
We are seeking an upbeat, forward-thinking Packaging Technician/Brewery Operator to join the Trans Canada Brewing Company (TCB) team. This position will be a versatile role at TCB with a variety of cross training in multiple areas throughout the brewery. This position will be a key component of our operations that assures quality filling of our bottles and kegs. You will be responsible for setup, operation, cleaning and maintenance of our packaging lines. In addition to our packaging operations, you will be trained in brewery cellaring operations. Previous experience with packaging operations and having a mechanical education/background will be considered an asset.
Employment at TCB means you will become part of a truly unique and progressive organization with team members who exhibit enthusiasm, commitment and the desire to be part of a hard-working and determined team. If you have experience with brewing, packaging machinery or have experience in preventative maintenance, this could be a great role for you!
Full-Time - Weekdays with the ability to work weekends when needed
Duties Include (but are not limited to):
- Clean-in-Place and general cleaning of the bottling and kegging lines
- Maintenance of machinery and machinery inspections
- Loading boxes of empty bottles on to the bottling line
- Move pallets from one place to another
- Operating various pieces of equipment on the bottling line
- Quality Control work and visual inspection
- Changing bottle labels
- Operating forklifts and powered pallet jacks to move material as needed
- Troubleshooting packaging issues
- You should have a strong focus on quality, safety and efficiency, constantly evaluating work practices in the spirit of improvement.
- You must be able to lift up to 55 pounds repeatedly and maneuver 175 lb kegs as needed.
- Work with chemicals of varying composition safely
- Ability to multi-task and follow directions.
- Work independently as well as a team player.
- Strong mechanical ability with problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work all shifts, additional hours & weekends as necessary.
- A desire to learn and grow with the Company
- Ability to drive a forklift is a plus.
- You must be a great communicator, who is able to build rapport and camaraderie with entire brewery staff.
- A great attitude.
- Respect for fellow co-workers and leaders
Please email Apply@TCB.Beer with resume.