pizza line cook
Posted: August 9, 2017
Closes: September 9, 2017
Job Classification: Full Time/Part Time
Reports To: Kitchen Leader
Pay Rate: Hourly rate, based on experience with varying shift schedules including; days, evenings, and/or weekends
About Timmy Tom’s Pizzeria:
Timmy Tom’s Pizzeria is opening in Trans Canada Brewing Company at 1-1290 Kenaston Boulevard. We are looking for passionate and hardworking individuals to be a part of our team. Timmy Tom’s is dedicated to providing Winnipeg with top quality pizza from our dough to our toppings.
The positions available are full/part time pizza line and prep cooks. Applicants should have a minimum of two years experience, be self-disciplined, eager to learn, and have passion for the food and service industry. If you are a driven and focused individual who can work in a fast-paced open kitchen environment then this is the job for you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the meals are prepared in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all products received by the distributors meets Timmy Tom’s specifications and that the invoicing is correct in quantity and quality.
- Prepare and follow a daily prep sheet to indicate levels on hand and amounts required.
- Clean and organize the kitchen always. Follow all required checklists and cleaning schedules during and following shift.
- Assure the proper care and maintenance of all equipment and identify equipment needs for food preparation and service.
- Ensure food quality by maintaining high levels of cleanliness, organization, storage, and sanitation of food products.
- Prepare, cook and present food quickly and efficiently, meeting chefs standards.
- Open kitchen concept requires the pizza/cook to be personable.
- Maintain positive attitude that promotes great teamwork within the restaurant.
- High energy, positive personality and team oriented attitude.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- Actively contributing to maintaining a safe work environment.
- Open to learning, coaching and career growth.
- Strong communication skills.
- Able to work flexible schedule including opening, closing, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
The role is physically demanding and requires physical strength and endurance. It entails working on your feet for an extended period while prepping and making pizzas. In some cases, you will be required to lift objects of 50 lb or greater. It requires working in a face paced environment under pressure.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume to Thomas@TimmyToms.Pizza with the subject Pizza Line Cook. Only potential candidates will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest.